Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympic Torch

Olympic Fever Strikes!

We're having a fun "Olympic Lunch Party" at work tomorrow. I had one day to come up with some fun decor & favors. Something very quick, very easy. I went to a local party store (Zurchers!) and quickly scoured for ideas. I saw these favor boxes and immediately thought TORCH! So I found some tulle for a flame ribbon. I cut a strip of tulle, folded it in half, and cut flame strips...leaving the folded portion uncut so there were strips on two sides of my "flame ribbon."

I bought some gold Sixlets in bulk to fill the boxes, so they would look like a gold torch. They looked a little plain, so I added a cute "USA" sticker!
I made ten torches, then put them in a "flame cauldron" for the table centerpiece. I really like how this turned out with so little time to prepare! It was really fast.
Everyone will get their own Olympic Torch! And chocolate, which is just never a bad thing. Now that the torches are finished...I think they would be fun to use for LDS Young Womens too!







No comments:

Post a Comment