Sunday, July 1, 2012

Smashed Baked Red Potatoes

I love red potatoes...just about any way you make them. I've seen several recipes using this preparation method, so I thought I'd give it a shot using ingredients that I like best! I'm happy to say they turned out yummy, and just a touch crispy from the oven :D


* Small red potatoes
* Butter or butter spray
* Cracked Pepper
* Ms Dash garlic & onion blend
* Parmesan cheese


Wash the potatoes, then boil on the stove top until cooked through & soft. I put a few drops of vegetable oil or olive oil in the water, and it helps keep the water from foaming and boiling over. Drain the cooked potatoes, then spread in a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Using a fork, smash each potato. Drizzle with melted butter, or spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with cracked pepper, Ms Dash blend, and Parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Serve with a spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment